EXCITING NEWS COMING FALL 2017!!Updated Tuesday February 7, 2017 by Waxhaw Soccer Club.
To our Waxhaw Soccer family and friends,
As we get ready to start the 2017 Spring season, which marks our 31st year of providing soccer for Waxhaw's youth, we wanted to take just a few minutes to let everyone know of some exciting changes that are coming your way.
At the conclusion of this spring season and as we transition in to the 2017 fall Rec and Travel seasons, Waxhaw Soccer Club will be re-branding its logo and name to be Waxhaw United Futbol Club (WUFC). Why are we doing this now? . . . . . . . There are some big changes coming to our soccer program and re-branding will emphasize these positive changes. To give everyone a sneak-peak into just some of what is in store:
- New field facilities! Yes, that is right; additional field space is in the works and we will be breaking ground any day now. For the Fall we anticipate two new full size fields to be ready for play, with space and plans to increase that footprint even more in the coming years! The fields will be located at the corner of Old Waxhaw-Monroe Road and South Providence, adjacent to the Waxhaw Baptist Church. It is important to note that the additional field space will not replace our current playing locations, rather allow for more access and ease of scheduling and improved playing (parking) conditions.
- Increased staffing at the Executive Director and Director of Coaching levels. As our program has grown, and continues to grow, the need for more soccer experience is self evident. What really makes for a great program is not the logo, nor the color of the uniforms, rather it is the experience that our children have on the field during games and practices - - this means educating our coaches in the latest coaching techniques and recruiting experienced coaches that can have an immediate impact on our program and your child's experience.
- Increased sponsorship's from various entry points that will help to keep the value of our soccer program without drastically changing the cost model that we have in place today. What good is a stellar program if no one can afford to participate and play!?
- A new look for our logo. See the attached mock up of the current version; you may see it around town very soon! We hope it communicates our close ties to the area, and the great soccer program we have become - both of which make Waxhaw Soccer something special and unique.
- What is NOT changing is our primary goal of providing the best possible soccer program! Through the efforts of a team of dedicated volunteers and experienced coaching staff, our focus will remain on what is most important - the children, families and soccer community that we serve. Our membership and participation with the Waxhaw Athletics Association will remain intact. Our close partnership with the Town of Waxhaw will also remain intact. Our participation and membership in Union County Soccer and the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association (NCYSA) will also go unchanged.
We hope you find this news as exciting as we do. There is a lot of work to be done and progress will be fast paced in some areas, and a little slower in others (grass will only grow so fast, no matter how much fertilizer you put on it!). We will keep you informed of our progress and celebrate milestones as they are completed. So stay tuned, and spread the word - Waxhaw United FC is right around the corner!